Sources of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data about you:
1. when you provide such information directly to us, and
2. when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Third parties, when they provide us with Personal Data about you (“Third Parties”). Third Parties that share your Personal Data with us include: Service providers. For example, we may use analytics service providers to analyze how you interact and engage with the Services, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support.
Categories of Personal Data We Collect
A. Personal identifiers
Examples: Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, crypto wallet public address, email address.
B. Commercial information
Examples: Records of digital assets purchased, obtained, or considered.
C. Internet or other similar network activity information
Examples: Browsing history, search history, or information on a consumer's interaction with a website or application.
D. Professional or employment-related information
Examples: Current or past employer
The following section provides additional information about how we collect your Personal Data.
Information Collected Automatically
We use the following types of Cookies:
1. Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
2. Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some of the Services and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. We use Personal Data for the following purposes:
1. To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us.
2. To communicate with you about the Services, including Service announcements, updates or offers.
3. To provide support and assistance for the Services.
4. To personalize website content and communications based on your preferences.
5. To process orders or other transactions.
6. To respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests.
7. To improve and develop the Services, including testing, research, analysis and product development.
8. To protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions and maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Services.
9. To comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Terms of Service.
10. To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
11. For any other business purpose stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
As noted in the list above, we may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers or email you about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our Services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Share Your Personal Data
Disclosures of Personal Data for a Business Purpose
We disclose your Personal Data to service providers and other parties for the following business purposes:
1. Auditing related to a current interaction and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
2. Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
3. Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Short-term, transient use of Personal Data that is not used by another party to build a consumer profile or otherwise alter your consumer experience outside the current interaction.
5. Performing services on our behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
6. Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
7. Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that we own, manufacture, was manufactured for us, or control.
We disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of service providers and other parties:
1. Service providers, including:
1. Payment processors.
2. Security and fraud prevention consultants.
3. Hosting and other technology and communications providers.
4. Analytics providers.
5. Staff augmentation and contract personnel.
2. Parties who acquire your Personal Data through an acquisition or other change of control.
1. Personal Data may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part).
3. Other parties at your direction.
1. Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services).
2. Third-party business partners who you access through the Services.
3. Other parties authorized by you.
Over the past twelve months, we have disclosed the following categories of your Personal Data to service providers or other parties for the business purposes listed above:
1. A. Personal identifiers.
2. B. Commercial information.
3. C. Internet or other similar network activity information.
4. D. Professional or employment-related information.
Sales of Personal Data
We have not sold your Personal Data over the last 12 months.
Data Security and Retention
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data. For example, the Services use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of Personal Data you provide to us. You should also help protect your data by appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism; and limiting access to your computer or device and browser. Although we work to protect the security of your account and other data that we hold in our records, please be aware that no method of transmitting data over the Internet or storing data is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of any data you share with us, and except as expressly required by law, we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content.
Personal Data of Children
As noted in the Terms of Service, we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from children under 13; if you are a child under 13, please do not attempt to register for or otherwise use the Services or send us any Personal Data. If we learn we have collected Personal Data from a child under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Other State Law Privacy Rights
California Resident Rights
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nevada Resident Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Data as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.